The Romanian County of Botosani was established as the first region for running trials of introducing XZIOX®’S to the drinking water. The information below details the Process taken to introduce XZIOX®’S to the Water Tank(s) and from thereon the stage by stage results of the flushing of the pipeworks.
|TANK VOLUME: 1000m3||DOSAGE OF XZIOX®: 8ppm||QUANTITY OF XZIOX®: 230 litres Mixed Product (approx.)|
INTRODUCING XZIOX® ROMANIA
- The Drinking Water Operator is required to provide 48 hour notice to the local area consumers that all drinking water is not suitable for consumption for a minimum 10 hour period (this can vary dependent on the local area).
- The dosage of XZIOX®’S is calculated based on the Water Tank’s volume and the last date the tanks and pipes were cleaned, also taking into consideration the microbiological issues.
- The valves are closed to avoid any water flowing through the pipes, which is followed by filling the Tank with Water.
- The XZIOX®’Sis then left to mix in with the Water for a period of 4 hours.
- After this period of time, the valves are opened to allow the Water in the Tank, which contains XZIOX®’S to flow through the system and pipes.
The necessary quantity of XZIOX® was poured into the Tanks, which were filled with water, whilst the valves remained closed. After a period of 4 hours, the valves were opened, allowing the Water to flow through the system and pipes . . .
FLUSHING STEP 1 – Valves Opened
4 Hours after adding XZIOX® to the water, the valves were opened to let the water run through the pipes. The image below shows the water is very discoloured confirming the high levels of biofilm present in the water, together with high levels of bacteria and viruses, also present.
FLUSHING STEP 2 – Cleaning Process
The valves remained open, allowing the water treated with XZIOX® in the water to flow through the system to remove the biofilm and clean the pipes. The image below shows that water colour has lightened slightly as the system is being cleaned.
FLUSHING STEP 3 – Biofilm Removal
After continuously running treated water through the system, the water has changed to a much lighter and cleaner colour. This provides evidence that the biofilm has been removed from the pipes and that the water has been cleaned, killing any bacteria and viruses, that were initially present.
BIOFILM AND PREVENTS BLOCKAGES WITHIN THE WATER SYSTEM
Biofilm exists in every untreated system. XZIOX® oxidizes all stages of biofilm and then eliminates the bacteria colonies, therefore preventing the Biofilm from re-forming.
Improve your Productivity
Through effective water treatment